Building Control

Published 7th of December 2016

Building Control – The step by step guide to make an application

  • Discuss your project at the earliest opportunity – free pe-application advice.
  • Request a competitive quotation for our Building Regulation service.
  • Complete our application form if satisfied with our quotation, tick and agree contract terms and we are instructed to submit the initial notice on your behalf. Our terms and conditions are on our website in down loads.
  • Applications can be submitted on line in our home page, apply, application, complete our application form and press submit. Application can also be emailed to or taken over the phone.
  • Our application form needs to be submitted at least 7 days before work commences on site to allow the local authority 5 days to register our initial notice. No fees are paid to the local authority.
  • Our fee is only invoiced once the project commences on site (applicable to fees above £350+VAT) and payable within 28 days.
  • Building plans, specification and 1:1250 site location plan can be emailed to us to establish compliance with the Building Regulations.
  • We aim to check all plans within 10 working days for compliance with the Building Regulations. A plans appraisal letter will be emailed to your architect. Plan certificates can be issued on request.
  • The fire officer will be consulted on commercial applications and any comments emailed to your architect.
  • The sewage undertaker will be also consulted at registration stage to establish any Building Over Agreements. Link to Severn Trent
  • Please contact us to arrange site inspections at the key stages of construction eg domestic extension, excavations, floor slab, drainage, roof structure, completion. Site inspections can be arranged by phone, email or on line, apply, complete form and submit.
  • Written site inspection reports are issued on site.
  • Upon satisfactory completion a final certificate will be issued to the client, local authority and the fire authority.
  • Commissioning certificates eg Part P electrical certificate, Gas Safe certificates will be required before arranging a final site inspection to enable us to issue a final certificate for Building Regulations.
  • A final certificate will need to be issued to the local authority within 28 days of occupation.